At a glance
Refurbishment & Upgrades
Customers often have presses and other machinery that have given them good service, but have reached the stage where worn and/or obsolete components and equipment give rise to frequent breakdowns and loss of production.
Often the basic framework of the machine is in "good health", but the sub-systems such as lubrication, pneumatic, electric and control systems, hydraulic drives and valves are worn out or obsolete.
In some cases the existing machine needs to be modified to accept more sophisticated multifunction tooling or handling systems and this where MPPS can assist customers by undertaking a complete modernisation to improve functionality, productivity and reliability.
In the case of mechanical presses the old design of mechanical clutch and brake units increasingly give rise to excessive friction lining wear and increasing maintenance costs and are best replaced by a "Clutch Conversion" to a modern combined Clutch/Brake Unit.
With our many years' experience in refurbishing, upgrading and modifying all types of mechanical presses, hydraulic presses and ancillary equipment, coupled with our modern computer aided design systems MPPS has the ability and resources to upgrade existing machines and to adapt and convert them to suit the customer's new requirements.
Examples of such Upgrades and Conversions include:
- Modernise a 200t Progression Press including manufacture and fitting replacement crankshaft and re-instatement of Adjustable Stroke mechanism. Replace obsolete drives on ancillary equipment and provide new integrated control system for complete progression line.
- Complete refurbish of Chin Fong press, repair / replacement of missing parts, fit new clutch and brake unit, refurbish press overload system, design and install pneumatic and lubrication system; design, build and install new press control system controlling press operations, settings and monitoring safety devices to conform to current regulations and requirements.
- Modify a hydraulic vertical press to accept new multifunction tooling. Machining the press frame to accept the addition of a hydraulic side ram, re-piping the press and modification to the press controls.
- Molding Machine - Redesign of cylinder guide bushes and seal packs on a hydraulic Molding Press to eliminate persistent leak condition.
- Refurbish a range of Mechanical Trimming Presses used in the Forging industry including re-machining, mechanical repairs and fitting new lubrication systems and control systems.